Make The Most Of Your Time At The Boat Show
1. Be a VIP – Take advantage of a “Prime Time Preview” or a VIP day. You may have to pay little more for your ticket, but with smaller crowds you are more likely to step aboard the yachts of your choice.
2. Plan Your Route – Determine the booth or slip numbers for the brands and dealers that you want to visit. When you arrive, pick up a free map so you know where to go. This will save you hours of wandering around.
3. Dress Comfortably – Wear clothes that will give you the freedom to walk around and climb aboard boats all day long. Wear slip-ons to make taking off your shoes easier.
4. Quality Control – Take your time to inspect every detail of the boat you are looking at. Open hatches, reach for the service ports, scan the side of the hull.
5. Try Her Out – Step up to the helm and feel what it would be like to take her for a spin. Test your sightlines forward, aft, and to each side. Lie down in the berths to make sure they fit your frame.
6. Don’t Skip the Details – Many dealers offer incentives during shows. View their social media ahead of time to be aware of any deals that may be available. Keep in mind that demo boats are typically equipped with optional upgrades. Before you sign, make sure that “what you see is what you get”.
7. Have Fun – With food and drink available, enjoy your time at the show. Step on board a variety of exciting models that you haven’t seen before.
Are you heading to a boat show?
The Newcoast Financial Services team will help you through every step of the boat buying process. Experience offers quick approvals, competitive rates, a simple application process, no-hassle closings, unsurpassed industry knowledge, personalized customer service, as well as terms up to 20 years.